CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Scary story

Ok, so today I forgot to take my water bottle to Stroller Strides class. It holds 32 oz, and I usually drink the whole thing while I'm there. Luckily it's overcast and a little cooler out today, so I wasn't super worried about it. If it had been hot and sunny, no way, going home. Well, the work out is over, and we stay for about 45min for the play group and fun in the park. I decided that even though Dagan is super tired, we should go ahead and drop off rent since we were half way there. I drop off the check, get my receipt and I'm walking out to the car when I notice this little fuzzy grey spot in my vision. I'm thinking, well crap, what's that all about? Then my head starts to hurt a little. Oh, I'm getting a migraine, I think. Since it's only about a 15minute drive home, I figure I'll make it in time. Then I'm thinking I can't take my Imitrex because I don't know if it's compatible with breastfeeding, and please, God, let Mike have decided to stay home and not go fishing. Because if this is a migraine, life is gonna suck. Well, as I'm driving the little grey spot changes. It got bigger, with rainbow fuzzy edges, but clear in the middle. Pretty soon all I have for peripheral vision are fuzzy rainbow edges. Thankfully, I had decided to take the back way home so there isn't too much traffic. Needless to say, I was scared sh*tless driving, because my vision is getting worse by the second. Luckily Dagan had fallen asleep in his carseat. I get home and see that Mike did go fishing. Crap. I managed to back into the garage without hitting the house or anything in the garage. Dagan's asleep, so I leave him there and go in and down my 32oz of forgotten water, and heat up some food. I attempt to call Mom, but there is no answer. By now, I can hardly see, everything is fuzzy with dancing rainbows. After a few minutes, my vision started to get better, but the headache worse. Enter great big pain meds left over from giving birth, and 12 more oz of water. So now my vision is almost back to normal, but my head is killing me!! I'm still a little fuzzy in my left eye, but hopefully that will pass soon. Dagan is still in the Jeep, which I can see from the computer chair. I'm going to get him, and hopefully we will nap a little bit together. The moral of this story is: don't leave to work out without your water, or you might go blind!

3 comments:

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Maybe the water had something to do with it, but I will bet it was a migraine brought on by over-exertion.

Whitney R said...

Ohhh and dehydration! If you were getting a head ache not having any water especially when you were just exercising would totally have made it worse.

I'm sorry you get Migraines. I know how bad they can be. Jaren get's them really bad as well and takes Imitrex in pill and shot form depending on how bad it is. I get them every once in a while, but it's muscle/spine problems that I'm trying to get fixed before getting pregnant.

I'm glad you made it home okay!

Anonymous said...

There is the basic difference in us all, I would have said, don't work out! No work out, no migraine!*G*