CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Birthday Party








Last night we had a birthday party for Dagan. A few of the girls I work with came over, brought their kids. My day started at 6am when Dagan awoke with the sun. Yeah, ick. After the coffee had kicked in, and I called the Grandparents, we went to WalMart to get supplies. It's always fun and exciting shopping with a small child. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, and as soon as I arrived, the work began I baked 2 different kinds of cupcakes. I had orginally planned on making one, but I wasn't sure I liked them. They use Agave Necter instead of sugar as a sweetener. It has a lower glycemic index so you don't get the sugar high and crash as with regular sugar. They were carrot pineapple cupecakes. Since I wasn't sure of those, I made regular ones as well. We had artichoke spinach dip, roasted vegetable cream cheese spread, mini pigs in a blanket and pizza puffs. I cleaned and re-arranged Dagan's room, cleaned my bathroom, and my part of the bedroom. Mike was on livingroom and his part of the bedroom duty. I had cleaned the main bathroom Thursday. I had the cleaning and most of the baking done by the time the first guests arrived. However, about 20min before the guests started arriving Dagan decided he was going to be a pill. Wendy and her boys arrived, and we went to the pool. As soon as Dagan saw the water, he demanded in! Poor Mike had to answer the door and direct the rest of the guests as they got here. We ate snacks and played at the pool. Then we came in for cake. Dagan was more interested in the plate his cupcake was on than his cupcake



You think that pic is funny? You should have seen it before I took out the red eye!




He didn't know what to do with the cupcake when we gave it to him, he just played with it




Then it was present time. He didn't really care about that either. He was more interested in the paper it came in! It was, however, a fun little party. After the guests left Dagan played a little bit more and then we all went to bed. The End






0 comments: