CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

One roast, 3 meals?? You bet!

Sunday I put a nice big roast that I had rubbed with salt, pepper, and garlic powder in the crock pot with 1 package of gravy mix (brown), one package of Italian dressing mix, and 1 package of Ranch dressing mix with one cup of water. I let it cook for a good 8 hours on low. I sliced and served with mashed potatoes, bread (homemade, of course) and salad. Yum! There was PLENTY left over.
Tuesday night I took some of the meat, shredded it, and heated it up with a bit of the sauce, put it into tortilla and fried them on both sides in Smart Balance spread. Served that with some southwestern style hashbrowns that I made from scratch, and fat free sour cream and salsa. I love salsa (sigh). Yummy.
Last night I made stew with all the leftover meat. The secret is to cook your vegies (potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and garlic) in just enough water to cover them. When that starts simmering you add the rest of the roast and the left over gravy. That saves you from having to add much bullion. Then you just season with herbs and spices however you like! You need to stir every couple of minutes or the potatoes might stick to the bottom, and no one wants that!
Yes, I know, I'm freaking fantastic! OR something. Just thought I'd share, because I have nothing else excitin to say and I haven't blogged in a whole week!!

3 comments:

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Sounds yummy and frugal!!!

Whitney R said...

I've noticed you haven't blogged!

But I love this!! I think I'll do it someday :) Maybe this winter! Such a good homemaker you are. And a great cook!

Wendyburd1 said...

Again, I wanna eat at YOUR house!!